Monday 16 August 2010

Not much to report

The weather, plus a few weeks lay off after a minor op, hasnt helped my activity levels this summer. Managed to get out on the P13 and our new Malibu 2 tandem for a family and friends beach bbq north of Aberystwyth weekend before last. A lonely mackeral, a gurnard, small pollack and the inevitable dogfish was the result after a couple of hours close in on some bass marks - the bream didnt show either so the bbq was mostly meat!Taking most of this week off work and the wind is predictably breezy! By 4pm last night, and following a phone call from another local who was just finishing work, I put the P13 on the car and met up with Nifty near Aberaeron. No surf but quite choppy, and the paddle out to usual bass marks was tiring against wind and a 5.5m flood tide. We bobbed around for a couple of hours, Nifty at anchor and me racing accross the mark on the big flood tide, trying a variety of bottom and suface lures. As the wind started picking up to 10mph around 7pm I paddled in (well flew in actually with wind and tide behind me!) followed by Nifty. A double blank but nice to get out again for a paddle, and the surf wasnt too big - I managed a nice fast plough up into the shingle, wheras Nifty got flooded by a second big wave from behind when he hit the shore Weather is looking better for Saturday, and with bass to 4.5lb coming in last weekend, hopes are set high for this coming weekend when the bass might come off the bottom in the lighter tides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Ynys Mon / Island of Anglesey, Wales, United Kingdom
I am a forty something child of the 60s/70s who has returned to one of my main childhood hobbies (sea fishing)as part of my mid life crisis. Having shore fished around Holyhead, Anglesey from late 60s to late 70s I have recently (three years ago) re discovered sea angling and (more recently) sea kayaking, and now once again take full advantage of the beautiful Isle of Anglesey coastline and inshore waters.